These are promises I made to myself while writing my first book.
1. There will never be a love triangle in my books. Love as a teen is hard enough to find, but two guys (or girls) at once is practically impossible. I went to high school not that long ago, I can't imagine flirting with more than one dude, it was exhausting just trying to reel one in.
2. There will never be werewolves or vampires in my books. I like Twilight, 'nuff said.
3. Use language as I would say it, or how someone else would. AKA don't throw YA language in there where is doesn't belong, it doesn't make you any cooler.
4. Don't ever let my heroine be an airhead just because she's a high school girl. Girls are smart. Period.
5. Let characters grow naturally. I had one off themselves, never saw it coming. Loved the way it worked out.
What are promises you made?